There’s no shortage of fashionable Fairfield County neighbors, and I met plenty in 2010. Personal stylists, local designers and people who just know how to rock the right shoe—they all made our towns a little bit prettier last year. This is my shout out to 2010’s top ten stylish locals.
10. Diana Garcia – Diana’s international flair was unmistakable this fall. She rocked seasonal colors and a mod style that made her stand out in a crowd.
9. Sarah Manning – Sarah worked 2010’s hottest accessory, the fedora. Her backyard barbecues were a little more stylish than the average ‘do,’ thanks to her ability to accessorize.
8. Billy Nistico – By trade, Billy is a real estate agent for William Raveis in Westport. By nature, Billy is a stylish dresser. His late summer look was boaty and breezy, and all his style signs pointed to smooth sailing.
7. Stacy Holmen – Stacy is a Wilton resident and representative for international luxury clothier, Worth. Her Carriage House is a haven for devotees of designer style. Several times a year she opens her doors to display the latest pieces from Worth and help her customers find perfect pieces with the attention of a personal stylist.
6. Suzanne Zarilli – Suzanne is the proprietor of WishList, one of Fairfield County’s most fashionable boutiques. She’s also the mastermind behind the new line, Ten Easy Pieces, a ready-to-wear label for the practical fashionista.
5. Stacy Young – Perspectives boutique in Byram is Stacy’s homage to affordable fashion. Hot labels at very cool prices are Stacy’s gig. And she’s committed to supporting local designers, like Millianna jewelry, which makes her a very stylish neighbor.
4. Darron Moodie – I found Darron on the escalator in Macy’s in the Stamford Town Center. The first thing I noticed was his shoes. Things just looked up from there.
3. Heather Dermont – Heather’s is a shoe collection that launched a thousand ships. Jimmy Choo, Chanel and Charles Louboutain are all labels that are close to her sole. And her charitable outlook is always in style.
2. Jennifer Butler – Few and far between are the Fairfield County fashion designers who offer the personal touch and devotion to individual style that Jennifer does. Her Made to Measure label is just that: pieces made to fit your body, your style.
1. Anne Epstein – Anne is one of those rare women blessed with an effortless beauty and superior sense of style. Fortunately for the rest of us, she’s chosen to share her gift through her label, Beau Soleil. This Westport mom of three is an all around powerhouse, with energy to spare. But her eco-friendly line is as Zen as fashion gets. Fluid lines and a muted palette are hallmarks of Anne’s chic designs.
Do you know a neighbor with stand-out style? Who will make the short list for 2011? Introduce me to the chic and sassy neighbors you know. Leave a comment here, or email me at .